Articles Of Faith
1. We believe in one true and living God as revealed in the Bible and the Holy Trinity by the name of The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I John 5:7.
2. We believe the Old and New Testament Scripture, as recorded in the King James translation of 1611, to be the written and revealed Word of God. II Tim. 3:16; II Pet. 1:20, 21.
3. We believe God created the heaven and the earth and all things therein. Gen. 1:1; Col. 1:16, 17; Rev. 4:11.
4. We believe God made man of the dust of the earth, and He made him good and He gave him a law to keep and man transgressed the law and fell from his first estate and lost his righteousness. Gen. 1:27, 2:7, 2:16, 17, 3:6-23.
5. We believe in the total depravity of man, that he was unable to redeem himself from the fallen state he was in. Gen. 3:24; Rom. 5:9-19.
6. We believe God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to be the propitiation for the sins of the world, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16; I John 2:2.
7. We believe sinners are justified by faith and saved by grace. Eph. 2:8; Rom. 5:1, 2.
8. We believe the Gospel is the only means God has ordained by which sinners are brought to Christ. I Cor. 1:21-24.
9. We believe he that believeth in the Son of God hath the witness in himself. I John 5:10.
10. We believe baptism, the Lord's Supper, and feet washing are ordinances of Jesus Christ given to the church by example and command for us to observe until He comes again. Matt. 28:19; John 13; I Cor. 11:23-26.
11. We believe the only scriptural mode of baptism is by immersion of the whole body in water in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, and believers are the only fit subjects for baptism. Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12; Matt. 28:19.
12. We believe all the saints will persevere through grace and never fall away. Eph. 1:13, 14; I Pet. 1:5; John 10:28, 29.
13. We believe in election according to the foreknowledge of God and the sanctification of the Spirit through the belief of the truth. Eph. 1; I Pet. 1:2, 3.
14. We believe the church is the light of the world and is made manifest by keeping the commandments and examples of Jesus Christ, who is the Head of the church in all things. Matt. 5:14; Eph. 1:22, 23.
15. We believe God chooses, calls and qualifies those whom He would have to preach the gospel, and God has promised temporal support of His ministers. Rom. 10:14, 15; I Cor. 1:25-29; I Cor. 9:7-11.
16. We believe in a restricted communion confined to the church in fellowship, walking in the light and observing gospel order. I Cor. 5:11, 12; John 13; I Cor. 11:31, 32.
17. We believe Christ is the only lawgiver in Zion, and the New Testament scripture is perfect, a thorough furnisher to the man of God unto all good works. James 4:12; II Tim. 3:16.
18. We believe Jesus Christ, during the time of His earthly ministry, set up a spiritual kingdom on earth, in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy; He being the King and all born again believers the subjects of the Kingdom, and they are now reigning with Him as Kings and priests on the earth. Dan. 2:44; Isa. 9:6, 7; Matt. 3:2; Luke 17:20, 21; John 18:36; Rev. 1:5-7.
19. We believe God hath appointed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness by His Son, Jesus Christ, and this day will be after the death of the body. Heb. 9:27; John 5:22; Acts 17:31.
20. We believe there will be a general resurrection at the last day, both of the just and the unjust; this will also be the day of final judgment and the eternal destiny of all people, of all ages, will then be made known. Acts 24:15; John 5:28, 29; I Cor. 15:23, 24, 54; I Thess. 4:14-17; II Thess. 1:7-10.
21. We believe the punishment of the wicked is everlasting and the joys of the righteous are eternal. Matt. 25:46.
22. We believe God instituted marriage as the union of one man and one woman as husband and wife and any other such union is an abomination. Gen 2:18-25; Lev. 18:22; 20:13; Rom. 1:24-32; Eph. 5:22-33; I Pet. 3:1-7.